19 January 2013

doughnuts: an introduction



On our recent trip back to the States, I introduced Clover to the sprinkle doughnut.   He perfected his eating technique within minutes --which is to gobble up the icing and sprinkles and pass off the rest of the doughnut to someone else.


Once finished,  he looks around to make sure he can't help anyone finish their stray sprinkles or tasty frosting.  You know, in case a person just couldn't entirely manage that difficult task on their own.

I admit this introduction came about for a selfish reason; I was craving a doughnut.  My favorite is the buttermilk bar or the classic old-fashioned.  But in the face of fried dough and sugar, there is really quite little I would refuse. Some might call that gluttonous.  I prefer the term easy-to-please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...