08 February 2012

well-known mittens


It's very rare that I sit down to read a magazine but the exceptional occasion arose recently, and I came across something quite amusing that I wanted to share. Had to share, really.  It hails from the February issue of Vanity Fair. They published the results of a poll that included the question, what is Mitt Romney's real first name? The choices were:

Mitt
Mitchell
Milton
Willard
Gromit
Mittens
Don't Know

About 20 percent opted for Mitt, another 20 percent guessed Mitchell. Over 40 percent took the easy way out and admitted that they didn't know.  2 percent guessed Gromit, another 2 percent guessed Mittens. Just typing Mittens makes me laugh out loud. Anyway, his real name is Willard. If you would like to see the full breakdown of answers by political party, it's here.

Be honest. Are you secretly hoping it's Mittens, too? 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I was hoping it was mittens.

    Great photo, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I couldn't be the only one. :) Thanks, Gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...