Once everyone leaves town after the holidays, life slows back down again in our ski village. And, I find it is very easy to feel snowed under by the New Year lull. Here are some of the ways I've been combatting the inevitable beginning of January slump:
- Putting Clover in the pack and going for walks
- Going for an afternoon crêpe in Chamonix with my two boys
- Skiing in the sunshine with Félix
- Keeping an eye out for photos I want to take
- Meeting friends for coffee in the morning
- Putting on some good music
- Dancing to some good music
- Watching Clover dance to some good music
- Having friends over for tea in the afternoon
- Researching new projects that I can take on
- Going looking for shooting stars
- Celebrating our wedding anniversary – 5 years with Félix, already!
- Signing up to volunteer at a ski race
- And when I don't have the energy to get out and go for a walk, I say yes to the people that do. (Thanks, A & A!)
Reading back through this list, I easily forget that I was ever feeling anything less than joyful about the arrival of January. In fact, I quite like this time of year.