29 October 2011

lo-fi lately : Brigitte

 I am the type that falls in love with a song and listens to it on repeat, over and over and over again. But I sometimes change things up by listening to one album on repeat over and over and over again. I know, WILD, right?  lo-fi lately  posts are what's playing on our orange stereo or what I wish was...


My musical taste is somewhat varied but I have a soft spot for indie folk. Les Brigitte are delightfully balanced--two friends, one blonde, one brunette, both with beautiful voices. They sing sweet melodies and have witty lyrics, retro outfits and slightly, odd music videos. Listening to their album, Et vous? Tu m'aimes?, brightens my day but it isn't too over the top that the music can't fade into the background. One of my favorites is La Vengeance d'une Louve. Brigitte originally became known for their cover of NTM's "Ma Benz", fame which I feel is perfectly merited. (NTM is a legendary french rap duo, popular in the 90's and known for mostly violent, agressive lyrics and well, Joey Starr.) Another Brigitte song, "Je Veux un Enfant", describes beautifully and accurately the sentiments of a woman eager and impatient to start a family. Completely hypnotic. Hope you like them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...